Get Sponsored Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monetizing option not even showing up.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monetizing option not even showing up. Empty Monetizing option not even showing up. Mon May 14, 2012 5:47 am

Kanekuso

Kanekuso
Helper
Helper

So when I go to "my videos" the "$" sign doesn't show up next to some videos. I know it's probably because of copyright issues, but I don't know where, or how to show Youtube that I have permission . It's a pain Sad

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kanekuso2

RenzyHD

RenzyHD
Im A Video Spammer.
Im A Video Spammer.

i could say but unfortunatly i don't know but like you said it might because of copyright because youtube doesn't allow it

https://www.youtube.com/user/RenzyHD

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

When you upload your videos, are you going to the monetization tab and clicking the "monetize my video" box? If not, it will automatically default to not be monetized. And the "$" box next to your video has to be green I believe to show monetization is selected. If your videos are anything showing any sort of game content, and you are not partnered, you will not be allowed to monetize that video. If you do, youtube will demonetize it. And if you do it too much, they will kill your account. So be careful.

https://www.youtube.com/thejoshbtv

PhotonMonkey

PhotonMonkey
Forum Member
Forum Member

Mmm that's strange. if you havn't done anything wrong it could be a glitch Sad

https://www.youtube.com/user/PhotonMonkeygames

5Monetizing option not even showing up. Empty Re: Monetizing option not even showing up. Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 am

Daveosity

Medal: Donor
Medal: Donor

thejoshb wrote:When you upload your videos, are you going to the monetization tab and clicking the "monetize my video" box? If not, it will automatically default to not be monetized. And the "$" box next to your video has to be green I believe to show monetization is selected. If your videos are anything showing any sort of game content, and you are not partnered, you will not be allowed to monetize that video. If you do, youtube will demonetize it. And if you do it too much, they will kill your account. So be careful.

Most of my videos get the $ symbol, and only some do not. And I post almost entirely videogame LPs. I can only ASSUME that YouTube Already checks whether your video is Capable of being monetized before offering it to you.
And I would think that, as with copyright strikes, if you get the hit and just say “OK I ACCEPT” and DO NOT FIGHT it! you shouldn’t get any negative points against your account. I do this if I get a notice, and I NEVER get any negative points against my account.

i think A lot of people don’t know about that.

if you get a copyright Notice and you choose “OK I Accept/I Understand” whatever it is, I forget. You basically give whoever HAS the rights to the material permission to do whatever they want about it, and you won’t contest it. Since Everyone likes advertising, if it’s a music artist or Videogame company or ANY Case I’ve had experience with. They usually choose to let you keep the video up, maybe throw a little link in the corner to their site or music, but that’s it.

Your video stays up, and your account Stays in Good Standing. Which is Most important. You wont be able to monetize That video, but the rest of your videos will still earn for you. If you’re monizing.

***but I ONLY HAVE EXPERIENCE with COPYRIGHT NOTICES mind you!!***

YouTube does State that YOU are responsible for making sure your video is copyright free Before monizing it.

What I take from that, is that Should any “Arguments” arise from your postings, because of copyright infringement, YouTube will Not back you. And it will ALL fall on you.

Now of course when You’re Partnered, it’s a different story. Then whomever Sponsors You, will back you.

In short, I THINK its possible to monetize your videos Without worrying about having your account shut down. BUT, AGAIN…
IM NOT SURE

Personally, im Too protective of my Channel to Risk it. As for myself, im just going to wait and see IF I ever get Partnered, before trying to earn anything.

KUZ I AIN’T NO LAWYER SON! o_O

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum