gabe2k12
Admin | No1
thejoshb
Fr0z3nD3m1s3
shaunkelly100
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26what the best way to stand out? - Page 2 Empty Re: what the best way to stand out? Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Daveosity

Medal: Donor
Medal: Donor

aznrule191 wrote:my opinion is that it is getting increasingly harder to stand out on the youtube commentator scene. gone are the days when awesome gameplay equaled awesome results. now you need to be original. whether being original in content, in what you commentate about, humor, etc. The obvious thing is that being original is something that helps you stand out. For example one of the commentators who I know has recently gotten big is buuman. A lot of people say that he got a lot of subs because of his unique voice and his ability to tell stories. Another one is iPwnstar4hire he got popular because of his random perverted humor. woody got popular because he was one of the first. just try and find something that is unique about you and play off of that.

I hope that helps.

my opinion is that it is getting increasingly harder to stand out on the youtube commentator scene.

just try and find something that is unique about you and play off of that.

I agree with both these points.

I would only add that. You HAVE to be yourself. HAVE to BE, not should…you have to Because if you put on an act, it will show through in your video. People pick up on those things. Just be yourself and #1 MOST important!! Have fun at what you do, and people will start watching your videos because they’ll want to have fun with you
I would say…don’t Copy Anyone. Pretend you’re playing games with your buddies on the weekend and talk like that. EXACTLY how you talk when you’re with your friends…and record it ^_^

27what the best way to stand out? - Page 2 Empty Re: what the best way to stand out? Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:38 am

TheGamingDragon18

TheGamingDragon18
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Daveosity wrote:
aznrule191 wrote:my opinion is that it is getting increasingly harder to stand out on the youtube commentator scene. gone are the days when awesome gameplay equaled awesome results. now you need to be original. whether being original in content, in what you commentate about, humor, etc. The obvious thing is that being original is something that helps you stand out. For example one of the commentators who I know has recently gotten big is buuman. A lot of people say that he got a lot of subs because of his unique voice and his ability to tell stories. Another one is iPwnstar4hire he got popular because of his random perverted humor. woody got popular because he was one of the first. just try and find something that is unique about you and play off of that.

I hope that helps.

my opinion is that it is getting increasingly harder to stand out on the youtube commentator scene.

just try and find something that is unique about you and play off of that.

I agree with both these points.

I would only add that. You HAVE to be yourself. HAVE to BE, not should…you have to Because if you put on an act, it will show through in your video. People pick up on those things. Just be yourself and #1 MOST important!! Have fun at what you do, and people will start watching your videos because they’ll want to have fun with you
I would say…don’t Copy Anyone. Pretend you’re playing games with your buddies on the weekend and talk like that. EXACTLY how you talk when you’re with your friends…and record it ^_^

And when you do commentary MUST do LIVE commentary or none at all because Post commentary doesnt give real reactions but Live does. me personally records playthroughs with none because i dont have the equipment to do live commentary. but yea all of these Points are great advice but only if the guy actually listens to us

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDragonSlayer315

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum