A Little Late...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Little Late... Empty A Little Late... Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 pm

karlyle17

karlyle17
Forum Member
Forum Member

I know I have been using this forum for quite a while. I noticed this topic, and I realized that I had never actually properly introduced myself on the forums. My name, for all intents and purposes, is Karlyle17 (or just Karl as most people end up nicknaming me.) My goal as a youtuber is pretty simple: to have fun.

I see nearly every channel focus heavily on saying: "If you liked the video, be sure to give it a rating, add it to your favorites, and drop a comment!" I am not condemning you if you focus a lot on subscriber count and other such things. I am also not saying that I don't think about the same things at times. But, very early at the start of my channel, I decided that if I was not having fun making videos anymore, it would not really matter about anything else. For most of us, this will always just be a hobby. I don't think youtube is much different than making art which I also love. The difference is I like the community on youtube and it is very satisfying putting out a good video...

I have really dragged this out way too long, so I'll just stop before the wall of text looks too ridiculous. My name is Karlyle17 and I hope I see you guys around sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/user/karlyle17?feature=mhee

2A Little Late... Empty Re: A Little Late... Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

Trust me, this is hardly a wall of text. I'll agree with you that most people find this to be a hobby, but honestly i see it as a way to further my skills so that I can eventually turned what I've learned into something profitable. I've always heard that if you're good at doing something, you might as well get paid for it; and while I don't entirely agree with the sentiment, in this capitalistic society, it's the way we're forced to function. I like recording my gameplay because crazy things happen or I'll pull off amazing shots or quick kills that leave people stunned like O_o , and that's were the fun is, but I make walkthroughs and tutorials because I hope someone enjoys what I do, enough that they'd like me to do the same for their game.

Also, I didn't post my intro until i was a moderator, so I totally get where you're coming from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND

3A Little Late... Empty Re: A Little Late... Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 pm

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

Getting paid for doing something you are good it is one thing. The important thing though, is to take whatever it is you enjoy doing and figure out how to make money from it. Thats when youre happy.

And heres a late welcome for you.

https://www.youtube.com/thejoshbtv

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum