You are not connected. Please login or register

PS4 multiplayer requires PS Plus subscription

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GameCaperz

GameCaperz
Site Staff
Site Staff

This was confirmed in an official Sony video, in which it notes in small print: "PS4 multi-player online access requires PSN account & PS Plus subscription".
Multiplayer gaming on PS3 is free to access, and is widely considered one of the most attractive components of the console over Xbox 360, which requires users to pay for Xbox Live Gold access to play games online.

The video shows Sony's Shuhei Yoshida demonstrating that sharing a disc-based game on PS4 is as simple as passing the disc to another PS4 owner - in a clear dig at Microsoft's DRM-heavy used game policies for Xbox One.

However the video also notes that "the foregoing instructional video applies only to disc based games," indicating that digitally-downloaded games may be subject to DRM restrictions, as is the case on PS3.

During its E3 press conference today, Sony boasted that PlayStation 4 will not enforce any restrictions on pre-owned games or require an always-on internet connection.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GameCaperZ

TBDPROS52

TBDPROS52
Site Staff
Site Staff

GameCaperz wrote:This was confirmed in an official Sony video, in which it notes in small print: "PS4 multi-player online access requires PSN account & PS Plus subscription".
Multiplayer gaming on PS3 is free to access, and is widely considered one of the most attractive components of the console over Xbox 360, which requires users to pay for Xbox Live Gold access to play games online.

The video shows Sony's Shuhei Yoshida demonstrating that sharing a disc-based game on PS4 is as simple as passing the disc to another PS4 owner - in a clear dig at Microsoft's DRM-heavy used game policies for Xbox One.

However the video also notes that "the foregoing instructional video applies only to disc based games," indicating that digitally-downloaded games may be subject to DRM restrictions, as is the case on PS3.

During its E3 press conference today, Sony boasted that PlayStation 4 will not enforce any restrictions on pre-owned games or require an always-on internet connection.

Great post and I'm of with Sony making gamers pay for Playstation Plus to play online. If you think about it, its still betting then XBOX because players will get a FREE game every month plus the amazing discounts on games in the store. Other than XBOX where you pay 60 bucks to play online and get nothing else in return.

As for the pre owned games im glad Sony did this. The main reason I like this is that I dont have to buy every game i want to play I can still rent them. Also the option to trade games back in is still there which is amazing.

One thing that I am skeptical about is that I heard from some people on twitter that the PS4 is going to be backward compatible. I dont know if this is true but I dont see why not they both have the blue ray player built in them. Again great post.

https://www.youtube.com/TBDPROS

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum