Get Sponsored Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trittons vs Turtle Beaches

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Empty Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:55 pm

VirtualCinema

VirtualCinema
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

This debate has been going on for ever now. In my honest opinion is that Tritton is the better brand. Yes they usually cost $10 more but are worth that money.

Trittons

They have multiple different series of headsets ranging from wired Surround Sound to wireless over head gaming head set. The brand Tritton is just amazing, they rarely break, When they do break you know it was either you or its just there time. They usually last around 2-3 years depending on care. The sound Quality is ten times better than the competitors. The split between Game Sound and Chat is also better.

ONLY TRITTON DON'T GET IS THE PRO'S
the pro's usually last maybe a year and that big box on the cord don't work. Sound quality is same as the 720's or above. The box is useless and its digital sound is crap.

Any other Tritton you should get! I give the brand a 9.2/10

Turtle Beach Headsets

This brand has been known more and longer than the tritton brand. If you are going for brand name then yes get Turtles. Turtles will be lucky to last more than a year. They sound gets muffed and you will get a buzzing noise some periods of use. The mic usually tends to fade and go bad 6 months after purchase. They are uncomfortable and not worth the money. The design is bad, the ear pieces tend to snap off because they are too loose, and are too far away from ear. They aren't designed to be in use for long periods of time. The sound quality is muffed a bit compared to other sets. Mics aren't the greatest and people in game have hard time hearing you sometimes and you are constantly adjusting your mic. I would not use them ever with a computer because the drive needed to run is a waste, and the mic on computer is worse than when its on the ps3, and the cords go bad if unplugged and plugged in to multiple systems too many times.

I give Turtles an overall Rating of 7.5/10 due to the fact the brand is bigger, and warrenty is 2 years compared to trittons 1 year.

Questioning my input? Well I have owned both types in the past. I currently own Tritton 720's, Turtle Beach PX5's, Trittons 180's, and Tritton px11.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VirTuaLCinemaDRG?feature=mhee

2Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Empty Re: Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:00 pm

aznrule191

aznrule191
Site Staff
Site Staff

Sounds like you're kinda tritton bias lol. I agree with most of what you're saying with the exception of the times you have for the beaches. I have had two sets of beaches in my life. currently i have px21's that I have owned for about 9 months. The sound quality is above average and it is what I use to commentate so the mic quality is above average as well. That being said the ear pieces aren't the most comfortable thing in the world, but are not terrible either. Now I do not suggest anyone buy wireless headsets for turtle beach because, even though I have never owned a set, are terrible. They are easily broken, have terrible battery life, and the sound quality is sub-par compared to their wired sets. Now I have never owned trittons, but I have used other headsets to include the MLG pro astros a30's which were great, but terribly overpriced. I have used trittons and to be honest I prefer beaches. But from model to model is where things differ. Some beaches models are better and some tritton models are better. And it all depends on the amount of money you want to spend as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nLaznrule?feature=mhee

3Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Empty Re: Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 am

Marcan3308

Marcan3308
Forum Member
Forum Member

I've had Turtle Beach x41s for about 2 years now. I get the occasional pop but other than that, I enjoy them. I've never tried Trittons so I can't compare.

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcan3308

4Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Empty Re: Trittons vs Turtle Beaches Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 am

TBDPROS52

TBDPROS52
Site Staff
Site Staff

I have both Turtle Beach p21 and Tritton AX Pro and this is what i came up with. For the turtle beaches i like how much bass you can get out of them. It was cheap and comes with nice warrenty, but the dials are touchy and mine broke with in a year.

As for the tritton ax pros they look awesome with the lite up earmuffs. Its very comfortable on the head. Also the sound quality is awesome. The only things that i have to say are bad is that it could have a little more bass to the sound and would like a longer warrenty. But other than that the price was resonable at $170.

So overall each one has its pros and cons.

https://www.youtube.com/TBDPROS

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum