gabe2k12
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1COD why so much of it? Empty COD why so much of it? Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

gabe2k12

gabe2k12
Site Staff
Site Staff

I enjoy a good game of cod, halo 4 or battlefield as much as the next person but what is it with most of you. I said I would try to be active on the forum again all I see on the what's new section is "OMG ORSUM TRICK SHITE NO SCOPEZ MW3" what is so appealing about these games that you constantly post this all the time and also on that subject there is no such thing as a trick shot its just people jumping and spinning whilst shooting there is not trick or "ORSUM SKILLZ" about that should provoke anyone to eat that shit up like candy. What's the point in making vids only about cod please put some originality into your vids or do some commentary over them. Look at josh he does rant of the week and dude reviews he uses cod gameplay but he puts commentary and jokes in that make it entertaining and good to watch. Another case of originality is no1leftbehind he juggles FUCKING fire in his vids which is how you people would put it as "ORSUM" and his rainbow moon vids as well he puts thought into it. Even playing different games is better look at buhserks he does war z vids and keeps people up to date on the news for these games. All three of those channels are cases of originality I'm not saying to copy them but also don't jump on the bandwagon of spinning in circles with snipers or squinting through dusty sand clouds and spraying with big guns while dubstep plays in the background. So please post some unique stuff so I can be active and enjoy seeing something in the process Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGamesareeasy

2COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 am

aznrule191

aznrule191
Site Staff
Site Staff

Honestly it's because most of the major commentators/editors always focus on these kinds of things. If you look at all of the top video game commentators on youtube, it is focused on COD and Minecraft. Then most of the secondary commentators are BF and Halo. But at the same time if it wasn't for these commentators, there would not be a huge market for commentating. So you have to take the bad and good of things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nLaznrule?feature=mhee

3COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

I feel you man, I want to like some things but just can't be cause by now we've seen it all. Playing CoD/BF can only be so cool for so long. I don't mind the edits so much because if they are good, that's what makes it, but I do get tired of just the CoD gameplay, I've been playing 8 bit games all day as a matter of fact. Going to do a few more edit/tributes for smaller games. I completely feel ya. I think we need to do some recruiting on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND

4COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

Agreed. Obviously I tired the total cod channel thing and it was a failure popularity wise. I do know that most of the people that do the "trick shots" are stupid children that think spinning around in circles is some measure of skill. It's annoying. The thing that is appealing about cod type games is that generally, the length of the games is perfect for the majority of YouTube videos. And it's a game you can just hop in for a few minutes, get a couples of games in and be on your way. You don't have to devote a ton of time to keeping up with a long story or something. But I agree that there needs to be more variety with far more popular channels out there.

https://www.youtube.com/thejoshbtv

5COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 pm

GuitarHeroFan101

GuitarHeroFan101
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

You have a point. I personally respect Youtubers who make videos of a variety of games more than Youtubers who create videos of one type of game, such as CoD. It just gets boring after a while. There are a lot of really fun games, so I see no point in focusing on one game.

6COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

Daveosity

Medal: Donor
Medal: Donor

@gabe2k12
wow man, that was a long rant dude. Hahaha
but a good one ;]
thats kind of why i stopped popping in also, too many of same videos.
Aaannd
aznrule191 wrote:Honestly it's because most of the major commentators/editors always focus on these kinds of things. If you look at all of the top video game commentators on youtube, it is focused on COD and Minecraft. Then most of the secondary commentators are BF and Halo. But at the same time if it wasn't for these commentators, there would not be a huge market for commentating. So you have to take the bad and good of things.
i disagree with this statement entirlely
ALL of the BIG commentators, famous ones, have variety on their channel
they may stick to a particular Theme or genre, but the games they play are various

7COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 am

World's Strongest Gamer

World's Strongest Gamer
Video Maker
Video Maker

I think its just people trying to become big on youtube by trying to copy what other people did to become big. I don't know any CoD commentators because I don't like to watch CoD videos that much, but take trolling as an example. MinnesotaBurns is pretty popular with his trolling vids. Now you see a ton of people trying to do the same thing because it worked for one person. Even he started out just as a CoD player and not a troller. its the same thing as with most things on youtube. one person gets big doing something, other try to do the same thing to get better results. That's just my opinion though

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldsStrongestGamer?feature=mhee

8COD why so much of it? Empty Re: COD why so much of it? Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Feralwargaming

Feralwargaming
Medal: Top Poster
Medal: Top Poster

I agree with you gabe. I hate when you just try to play the game sniping as you do on search. And you get abuse for not quick scoping

https://www.youtube.com/user/Feralwargaming?feature=mhee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum