Get Sponsored Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Site Updates: Please Read (In Progress)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Site Updates: Please Read (In Progress) Empty Site Updates: Please Read (In Progress) Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

The other Administrators and I have been talking things over. We need an adjustment here on GSF so it can be what it should be. A home for youtube gamers to call their own, where they can share their videos, discuss their opinions with other content posters, and get honest feedback from an active community.

Youtube doesn't provide an easy browsing system for some of the lesser known channels to get their name out there, so people like you, can make it to the big leagues. GSF has been attempting to remedy that, unfortunately we have not been living up to that thanks to the 'bombing run' tactics that many youtubers use us for.

Participation here has dwindled and we are going to fix that. It is my belief, and I think I can speak for the other admins when I say this, it is our goal for GSF to succeed.

Below are the changes that have been completed, check back regularly for updates over the course of February & March.

Updates:

• Colored Names are now available for any user through the expenditure of 250 XP. HTML # Colors are available to any user, these are the colors that are not available, or any color in close proximity specific colors: Bright Red, Mild Orange, Dark Blue, Dark Green
    Apply Here: http://www.getsponsoredforum.com/t18192-xp-trade-in-s-for-colored-names-here#32728
  • DamageClanEmpire has been inactive for over 6 months and has been removed from user groups.
  • The {Red} user group has been removed from its moderator status.
  • (updated) Clan Application Forms have been released http://www.getsponsoredforum.com/t18191-clan-sponsorship-application
  • Starter Packages are in development. Will be released soon.
  • The majority of our sponsored players are going to be removed based on inactivity in the forum. Remaining Sponsored Players are: TBD
  • The requirements for maintaining sponsored player status is currently being updated.
  • Super Moderators have been removed, and the remaining moderators have been consolidated to the dark blue moderator category
  • .............newest updates below
  • Removed YT Tuts and Intro templates from the menu bar, so the menu bar all fits nicely while logged in.
  • rearranged forums.
  • Added a home for Sykiatrik Circus in the forums.
  • Removed redundant tutorials and guides section
  • You can now change the color of your threads title, don't go crazy with this or I'll remove it. The colors can only be viewed when in the forum, can't be seen from the 'posts since last visits/what's new' page
  • A let's play video promotion section has been added
  • A montage/edit section has been added.
  • A commentary section has been added.
  • The video promotion section is now for videos that don't fit into one of those three categories.
  • GSF has been added to Google Analytics
  • Minor wording changes across multiple pages.
  • Minor updates to the FAQ section, always looking for more FAQ Q&A's, please feel free to add suggestions
  • Meta Tags for GSF have been updated and increased.
  • Login pop-ups have been re-enabled to inspire more guests to register.
  • Changed heirarchy Structure temporarily and reorganized forum locations
  • Sub categories will be given images and consolidated to original format, eventually
  • Gaming section redistributed and removed
  • Gaming Walkthroughs Section added.
  • GSF Contest section added.
  • Consolidated heirarchy because Image display idea failed.
  • Added Rant section
  • Reinstated Submit Your Video section
  • Changed XP gain and loss rates of multiple sections. (introducing yourself now nets you 100xp, one time only, trying to abuse this will result in instant 3 week ban)
  • Re-Enabled Like/Tweet/Share links
  • Currently working out how to Re-Open point store.
  • Removed Google Analytics processing widget along with other irrelevant widgets causing loading lag. [Edit: Re-enabled Google Analytics because of the useful information gathered, will allow to run for the next 27 days, then a more evaluated decision will be made]
  • Newsletter Design is now in progress
  • New Default Avatars have been installed, unfortunately it is not retroactive. All newly registered members will receive this avater Site Updates: Please Read (In Progress) Defaultavatary
  • Awards are now becoming available. If you want to design an Award the dimensions are 35x35 pixels, must be rendered in jpg format, be under .5MB and must have at least a 1px border.

Currently Available awards: Hot Topic Starter (25 or more replies to a thread), 250posts, 500posts, 1k+posts, and Top Poster Award, Sponsored Player, +5 Posts (There is currently and error with the 5 post award, all user's have it regardless of their post count, it must be set on an individual or all forum user's, until a work around is found or data is retrograded and updated this problem will continue to exist) XBOX player, PS3 Player, PC Player, Sykiatrik Circus, Let's Play .

Award Design in Progress for, but not limited to [accepting suggestions]: VIP, Game Night Host, Game Night Player, Game Night MVP, Video of the Week winner, Donor, Contributor, GFX Artist, and more to come.

Exclamation IMPORTANT NOTE: These Awards are not automatic, please inform me here or through PM if you believe you are eligible for an award and it'll be added to your message profile. (Currently unavailable in user profiles)

• Now accepting ideas for new button designs. Please inquire for more details.
  • Character Sheets are now active in profiles, they are still in the design process and are non-functional at the moment.

Updates are still in progress this list will constantly be updated over the course of the next 6 weeks, please stay informed.

Last edited by Admin | No1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 17 times in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND

Devon_Renouf

Devon_Renouf
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Looking good guys. If you need any help at all please say so, I am getting more active with the 360. I am gonna go buy gold live soon so may be able to start hosting some game nights.

https://www.youtube.com/DevonRenouf

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

Devon_Renouf wrote:Looking good guys. If you need any help at all please say so, I am getting more active with the 360. I am gonna go buy gold live soon so may be able to start hosting some game nights.

That would be great. We need more hosts, cause frankly, when I did them, the turn out was pitiful. If you have any suggestions that you can think of that might help improve the site, make a thread under general chat and leave them there. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/thejoshbtv

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

More Updates added, Please READ!

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

UPDATED! Please Read the OP thoroughly for update details.

MrFreshy

MrFreshy
Site Staff
Site Staff

For game nights i could help with recording but not hosting my internet is not that good Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum