Admin | No1
DrDoodel
Daveosity
thejoshb
obsoulete
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:34 pm

obsoulete

obsoulete
Video Maker
Video Maker

Hey guys
So last night I was laying on my bed (no this is not going to get weird), and I just started thinking of the gaming industry of the near future.
I mean you guys know that this industry is not going to go down, but instead it is going to skyrocket up attracting all sorts of new players
So what then? How is this going to happen? What are we going to be playing 5 or 10 years from now?
I would love to see the whole kinect/ ps move I believe its called, expand to us more "hardcore" takers.
I mean if I could play halo or cod without a controller..... Damn I think my social life would end right there.

What about you? What opinions, suggestions, ideas do you have to say on the future of gaming?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ElBrwn

2Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 am

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

We can make it weird. What were you wearing in bed? j/k

Actually, Id love to see the kinect take off. People need to be more physically active now-a-days. Id love to see a cod type game where you control the character with your actual movements and aim a mock gun at the screen and whatnot. There would be no perks at all. You would only be as good as your physical fitness and reflexes would allow.

https://www.youtube.com/thejoshbtv

3Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 am

obsoulete

obsoulete
Video Maker
Video Maker

Dude thats exactly what i would love to see but i don't know when it will happen

https://www.youtube.com/user/ElBrwn

4Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 am

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

Probably wont be anytime soon. And it will be egresiously overpriced when it does.

5Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Daveosity

Medal: Donor
Medal: Donor

Let’s see…so that means LP’s of FPS games with people “In shape” holding guns with or without a shirt on....

Every girl gamer’s channel will explode with views and new subscribers…mostly guys of course. But yeah, sounds good
heck, i'll subscribe to that Razz
hot girls with guns man...it's pretty sweet ^_^

6Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 pm

DrDoodel

DrDoodel
Forum Member
Forum Member

If it goes futher this way, it is taking now, then we will play Battelfield and CoD with real Weapons on a console !
But in my opinion it is important to look at the little programming studios, that are releasing Free2Play games, I think there will be much more of them in only 1 or 2 Years.
For the genre Question I got following answer: There will still be Games like CoD an Battelfield an I think some Minecraft clones an Minecraft it self.
There'll still be RPGs and so on but you can't say wich content there will be.
I'm exited about new games like heavy rain and I hope there will be more games like it.
So in my opinion the future will be a mix out of old and new

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrDoodel

7Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

thejoshb wrote:We can make it weird. What were you wearing in bed? j/k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ahahahahhhhaahaahahweiroqwheoithqwehdssas.lolz

Anyways........ I think the future of gaming will involve the use of body reactive sensitivity. Like a vest that when you get shot, you feel it. Or a game with usb that has a USB scent fan, or at least a flip along scratch and sniff book, to release certain smells during the game. Death flavored Lollipops (?) that make you even more aggressive whilst playing CoD.

I'd give it about 40 more years (if that) till we get our own VR rooms where we can completely shut ourselves of from the world.

https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND

8Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

obsoulete wrote:Hey guys
So last night I was laying on my bed (no this is not going to get weird), and I just started thinking of the gaming industry of the near future.
I mean you guys know that this industry is not going to go down, but instead it is going to skyrocket up attracting all sorts of new players
So what then? How is this going to happen? What are we going to be playing 5 or 10 years from now?
I would love to see the whole kinect/ ps move I believe its called, expand to us more "hardcore" takers.
I mean if I could play halo or cod without a controller..... Damn I think my social life would end right there.

What about you? What opinions, suggestions, ideas do you have to say on the future of gaming?
To be honest that's a really good question because it's gets you think what life would be like for the next generation. Playing Halo or Cod without a controller but with your mind would be kind of cool to be honest.
I'm perspective on this would be it wouldn't change as much because it's only 5-10 years it's going to improve a little at a time.
I say like 10-20 years would be a better understanding because that's a long ways from now xD

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZekygaGaming

9Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:
thejoshb wrote:We can make it weird. What were you wearing in bed? j/k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ahahahahhhhaahaahahweiroqwheoithqwehdssas.lolz

Anyways........ I think the future of gaming will involve the use of body reactive sensitivity. Like a vest that when you get shot, you feel it. Or a game with usb that has a USB scent fan, or at least a flip along scratch and sniff book, to release certain smells during the game. Death flavored Lollipops (?) that make you even more aggressive whilst playing CoD.

I'd give it about 40 more years (if that) till we get our own VR rooms where we can completely shut ourselves of from the world.
Whoa whoa whoa on the feeling yourself getting shot..... that can be good but think about the people health and stuff

10Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 am

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

I just want whatever it is to force people to be more active. What's that? You don't want to have to move around to play games? Well tough. If you don't want to move around then you don't get to play games. That will just force you to go outside and live your life. Either way, your ass is gonna be moving and living a healthier lifestyle

11Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

thejoshb wrote:I just want whatever it is to force people to be more active. What's that? You don't want to have to move around to play games? Well tough. If you don't want to move around then you don't get to play games. That will just force you to go outside and live your life. Either way, your ass is gonna be moving and living a healthier lifestyle
No, it's not that. It's more of a you know how people can get a seizure from looking at bright flashy lights. That's what I'm talking about what will happen if that happens to someone with the vest O_O

12Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 am

thejoshb

thejoshb
Site Staff
Site Staff

zekyga wrote:
thejoshb wrote:I just want whatever it is to force people to be more active. What's that? You don't want to have to move around to play games? Well tough. If you don't want to move around then you don't get to play games. That will just force you to go outside and live your life. Either way, your ass is gonna be moving and living a healthier lifestyle
No, it's not that. It's more of a you know how people can get a seizure from looking at bright flashy lights. That's what I'm talking about what will happen if that happens to someone with the vest O_O

I wasn't talking about the best dude. I'm just talking in general. The best thing is no different than an 4d simulator that are at all the amusement parks all over the world.

13Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:13 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

thejoshb wrote:
zekyga wrote:

I wasn't talking about the best dude. I'm just talking in general. The best thing is no different than an 4d simulator that are at all the amusement parks all over the world.
Lol i never said you was but i understand what you saying though xD

14Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:31 am

spencer7x7

spencer7x7
Forum Member
Forum Member

Daveosity wrote:Let’s see…so that means LP’s of FPS games with people “In shape” holding guns with or without a shirt on....

Every girl gamer’s channel will explode with views and new subscribers…mostly guys of course. But yeah, sounds good
heck, i'll subscribe to that Razz
hot girls with guns man...it's pretty sweet ^_^

I hope so, it means more hot chick video for us, and more views for the girls, everybody wins!

Anyways, I think the future of gaming is in mobile devices like Android, if devices with Tegra 3 or similar chips are used for gaming more then consoles will sell less, maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/spencer7x7

15Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

spencer7x7 wrote:
Anyways, I think the future of gaming is in mobile devices like Android, if devices with Tegra 3 or similar chips are used for gaming more then consoles will sell less, maybe.

God I hope not, These Smartphones costs are stupid ridiculous. Yes they are fancy and kinda fun to have, but they are such distractions because they are always in your pocket. Everybody has them now and pays tons of money a month to use a service that only truly benefits them a handful of times. Sure maybe in 20 years once the technology in our world has upgraded to be more coalescent and it'll will be more useful.

I honestly prefer the large screen, I don't find the phone games to be that fun because they don't generate as large of a network of gamers that play them competitively. Also you're pretty limited in your controls on a touch screen.

sorry there are just to many down falls to that approach. If the gaming market was dominated by SmartPhone Apps, I would truly be disappointed that the money to develop games was largely being funneled into a novelty area of gaming.

16Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:
spencer7x7 wrote:

God I hope not, These Smartphones costs are stupid ridiculous. Yes they are fancy and kinda fun to have, but they are such distractions because they are always in your pocket. Everybody has them now and pays tons of money a month to use a service that only truly benefits them a handful of times. Sure maybe in 20 years once the technology in our world has upgraded to be more coalescent and it'll will be more useful.

I honestly prefer the large screen, I don't find the phone games to be that fun because they don't generate as large of a network of gamers that play them competitively. Also you're pretty limited in your controls on a touch screen.

sorry there are just to many down falls to that approach. If the gaming market was dominated by SmartPhone Apps, I would truly be disappointed that the money to develop games was largely being funneled into a novelty area of gaming.
I know right i don't see why people spend money on something that's useless to me.
Don't get me wrong they do has some use to them but i see no reason for using them xD

17Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:18 am

spencer7x7

spencer7x7
Forum Member
Forum Member

No1leftB3HIND wrote:
spencer7x7 wrote:

Well, the Nexus 7 costs only $199 dollars and a new console called the OUYA will cost about $109, so it does not have to be a smartphone exactly to be cheap and decently powered.

But still hardcore gamers will want the consoles anyways so they will not go away for a while, just like PCs will not go away for a while because there is a new device in town.

https://www.youtube.com/spencer7x7

18Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

see but the Ouya is a console game, it's not a smart phone. And the Ouya is amazing because it's an open source console. So if there is something you don't lke about a game, you change it (if you have the know-how). I'm going to play it just for all the indy games. So the Ouya is completely different from what your originally suggested.

The nexus 7 being a tablet (which is just a big smart phone atm) is stupid. There are dozens of hand held consoles that are amazing. A tablet that plays games? So it's basically just a limited iPad? I don't think these are the future of gaming, these are novelty items at best and won't last long. This is just another product of corporations trying to skim money from consumers.

19Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 am

DrDoodel

DrDoodel
Forum Member
Forum Member

No1leftB3HIND schrieb:
spencer7x7 schrieb:

I agree with you No1leftB3HIND, I prefer the large screen too and my PC got much more power and a much better graphik than an iPhone or someting

20Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

DrDoodel wrote:
No1leftB3HIND schrieb:
spencer7x7 schrieb:

I agree with you No1leftB3HIND, I prefer the large screen too and my PC got much more power and a much better graphik than an iPhone or someting
I think i would be kind of pissed playing on a iphone because it would be small.
Basically i also agree with No1leftB3HIND

21Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 am

DrDoodel

DrDoodel
Forum Member
Forum Member

But if the iPhone is getting bigger and bigger the iPhone 20 will be like 2 meters and so on, so you can easily play on it but It`ll be cost roundabout 2 Million $ Smile
I also got an Android phone and I'm playing on it some time but it's definitly more fun playing on the PC or on some console!
So I hope there will a PS 20 or so in some years and an Xbox 720 or so on Wink
I think I'm searching for a cheap Xbox then Smile

22Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

DrDoodel wrote:But if the iPhone is getting bigger and bigger the iPhone 20 will be like 2 meters and so on, so you can easily play on it but It`ll be cost roundabout 2 Million $ Smile
I also got an Android phone and I'm playing on it some time but it's definitly more fun playing on the PC or on some console!
So I hope there will a PS 20 or so in some years and an Xbox 720 or so on Wink
I think I'm searching for a cheap Xbox then Smile
lol eventually they going to come down on the prices xD
But 2 meters is a little big though lol
And to be honest I think they going to change the name to like PS XX or Xbox 1080 xD

23Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:03 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

This is the one industry I wouldn't mind seeing a monopoly on the console end, solely for the purpose of networking gamers. I would hate to get stuck playing all my games on the xbox. PS3s track record outweighs the xbox by a longshot. Recalls, explosions, failures, bans... just all the way around. The only thing that was a slip for PSN, and it was a big one, was getting hacked and having their servers down for a month. Completely infuriating. But not as infuriating as over 1million xbox user's accounts getting permanently banned for things like modding their controllers, or systems, or modifying source code (even when it wasn't malevolent).

SO with that being said, I'd like to have a freedom to choose which system, but I'd like them all to be on the same network. Sounds crazy, but I welcome the competition.

24Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:06 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:This is the one industry I wouldn't mind seeing a monopoly on the console end, solely for the purpose of networking gamers. I would hate to get stuck playing all my games on the xbox. PS3s track record outweighs the xbox by a longshot. Recalls, explosions, failures, bans... just all the way around. The only thing that was a slip for PSN, and it was a big one, was getting hacked and having their servers down for a month. Completely infuriating. But not as infuriating as over 1million xbox user's accounts getting permanently banned for things like modding their controllers, or systems, or modifying source code (even when it wasn't malevolent).

SO with that being said, I'd like to have a freedom to choose which system, but I'd like them all to be on the same network. Sounds crazy, but I welcome the competition.
My friend Robin got banned for stealing his account lol
I was like how you get banned from stealing your own account.... He had that account for like at least 3-4 years

25Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:17 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

yea, things like that really piss me off. You can't have one user name on more than 5 PS3s so if you have a few systems die on you and aren't able to get the name deactivated from the system, you'll eventually have to switch your account, and for me after 5000 trophies, I'd probably just stop playing games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum