Admin | No1
DrDoodel
Daveosity
thejoshb
obsoulete
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:yea, things like that really piss me off. You can't have one user name on more than 5 PS3s so if you have a few systems die on you and aren't able to get the name deactivated from the system, you'll eventually have to switch your account, and for me after 5000 trophies, I'd probably just stop playing games.
I know exactly what you mean.
This guy had a loads pf gamerpoints on xbox. Then some days later his gamerpoints was reset because xbox live people thought he cheating. I would have been pissed off and probably went to PSN xD

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZekygaGaming

27Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

I mean, especially in teh case of xbox live where you have to pay to play online. You should have all sorts of rights to what you can do to your account. I thought that the majority of those bans where outrageous. PSN that has no fees or payments, and has very active servers for the majority of online games, is obviously the clear choice to online play. I've fixed quite a few xboxs and they all have the same heating problems, no matter the edition. So with all the flaws I was just never interested in it. Back before 360 I remember how limited the # of games were in comparison to all the titles that came out n PS2, Microsoft has never been the best with any of their products but they sure do know how to market their stuff. Ah mindless consumerism.

https://www.youtube.com/user/No1leftB3HIND

28Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:33 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:I mean, especially in teh case of xbox live where you have to pay to play online. You should have all sorts of rights to what you can do to your account. I thought that the majority of those bans where outrageous. PSN that has no fees or payments, and has very active servers for the majority of online games, is obviously the clear choice to online play. I've fixed quite a few xboxs and they all have the same heating problems, no matter the edition. So with all the flaws I was just never interested in it. Back before 360 I remember how limited the # of games were in comparison to all the titles that came out n PS2, Microsoft has never been the best with any of their products but they sure do know how to market their stuff. Ah mindless consumerism.
My theory is PSN is good for fighting
and Xbox 360 good for shooting xD

Play Station and Xbox 360 has very outstanding games, but it's just a matter of choice. Now if nearly all games on 360 was on Play Station i think everyone would probably a playstation because of free internet xD

29Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 am

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

Playstation has all of the games on xbox, except for Halo, Fable, and Gears, minus a few odd balls. PS has a plethora of fun exclusive games, that xboxers never hear of. Personally, the best shooter I've ever played was on PS, and it was one of their first games. Resistance: Fall of Man. The 2nd and 3rd revisions were done by a different team, and they weren't strained for time like they were on the first one so they added a bunch of cheesy elements that took away from online play, but the Co-op they added was awesome.

I think many got trapped in the market mindset that playstation was unafforable, and when it first came out at $700 a pop, it was. but if you look back at how much I've spent on just the PS3, not the games, compared to xbox, you've probably payed way more than $700 over the last 6 years. Now you can get them for $200-$300, and with the last few years of these systems approaching you're still getting your money's worth. How much are xbox live fees nowadays anyway? $20/mo? $100/yr? I'm not sure I only play when at friend's houses.

My real dispute between xbox and ps3ers is the controller. People are fascinated by the size of the xbox controller, while I feel you get much better control and handling on a smaller/light weight ps3 controller. The real problem comes when people switch system, I don't really have a problem, I'll play with whatever is placed in front of me (>_<), but xboxers that switch to the ps3 controller usually complain the whole time and blame their losses on it. I just think it's funny to see the differences, but if that's a problem for you. PS3 makes and xbox style controller for it's system. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:33 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

No1leftB3HIND wrote:Playstation has all of the games on xbox, except for Halo, Fable, and Gears, minus a few odd balls. PS has a plethora of fun exclusive games, that xboxers never hear of. Personally, the best shooter I've ever played was on PS, and it was one of their first games. Resistance: Fall of Man. The 2nd and 3rd revisions were done by a different team, and they weren't strained for time like they were on the first one so they added a bunch of cheesy elements that took away from online play, but the Co-op they added was awesome.

I think many got trapped in the market mindset that playstation was unafforable, and when it first came out at $700 a pop, it was. but if you look back at how much I've spent on just the PS3, not the games, compared to xbox, you've probably payed way more than $700 over the last 6 years. Now you can get them for $200-$300, and with the last few years of these systems approaching you're still getting your money's worth. How much are xbox live fees nowadays anyway? $20/mo? $100/yr? I'm not sure I only play when at friend's houses.

My real dispute between xbox and ps3ers is the controller. People are fascinated by the size of the xbox controller, while I feel you get much better control and handling on a smaller/light weight ps3 controller. The real problem comes when people switch system, I don't really have a problem, I'll play with whatever is placed in front of me (>_<), but xboxers that switch to the ps3 controller usually complain the whole time and blame their losses on it. I just think it's funny to see the differences, but if that's a problem for you. PS3 makes and xbox style controller for it's system. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
$20/3 months and $60/year, but hey you was pretty close xD
I'm understanding your concept it's actually a pretty good one too.

31Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am

GuitarHeroFan101

GuitarHeroFan101
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

Really, the future of gaming is quite hard to predict. The next generation of children shall have quite an amazing time playing video games.

32Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:Really, the future of gaming is quite hard to predict. The next generation of children shall have quite an amazing time playing video games.
lol it's going to be depressing for us a little bit because they going to be like "Oh this best game ever" Here we come "Man you don't know nothing about games xD"

33Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 am

GuitarHeroFan101

GuitarHeroFan101
Active Forum Member
Active Forum Member

zekyga wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:Really, the future of gaming is quite hard to predict. The next generation of children shall have quite an amazing time playing video games.
lol it's going to be depressing for us a little bit because they going to be like "Oh this best game ever" Here we come "Man you don't know nothing about games xD"
Yeah, this could be true, as well. The next generation might see PS3's and Xbox 360's as "old systems", such as how we see systems like the Nintendo 64 and Atari as "old systems". It just all depends on how quickly new systems will be released.

Both, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 have their pros and cons. The Xbox 360 can get the Red Light of Death, and the PS3 can get the Yellow Light of Death. The PS3 has free online play, but the Xbox 360 charges to play online. The only thing is that Xbox 360 has better gameplay. Plus, you are able to find more people to play online for Xbox 360 than you can on PS3, especially CoD with all the noobs out here nowadays.

34Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 am

spencer7x7

spencer7x7
Forum Member
Forum Member

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
zekyga wrote:
Yeah, this could be true, as well. The next generation might see PS3's and Xbox 360's as "old systems", such as how we see systems like the Nintendo 64 and Atari as "old systems". It just all depends on how quickly new systems will be released.

Both, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 have their pros and cons. The Xbox 360 can get the Red Light of Death, and the PS3 can get the Yellow Light of Death. The PS3 has free online play, but the Xbox 360 charges to play online. The only thing is that Xbox 360 has better gameplay. Plus, you are able to find more people to play online for Xbox 360 than you can on PS3, especially CoD with all the noobs out here nowadays.

Well, one of the biggest differences for me is that PlayStation more Eastern-style games(Final Fantasy,Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo,etc.), while Xbox has more Western games(Halo,Fable,etc.)

I don't think I'll buy a next gen console, but if I do it will most likely be a PlayStation, Xbox is not bad but it does fit my style of gaming. Like it was said earlier if you like FPS and have the money, go Xbox. Also, PlayStation gives more bang for the buck.

https://www.youtube.com/spencer7x7

35Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

spencer7x7 wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
zekyga wrote:

Well, one of the biggest differences for me is that PlayStation more Eastern-style games(Final Fantasy,Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo,etc.), while Xbox has more Western games(Halo,Fable,etc.)

I don't think I'll buy a next gen console, but if I do it will most likely be a PlayStation, Xbox is not bad but it does fit my style of gaming. Like it was said earlier if you like FPS and have the money, go Xbox. Also, PlayStation gives more bang for the buck.
Final Fantasy was one of the best games i ever played beside Kingdom Hearts Smile

36Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 am

gabe2k12

gabe2k12
Site Staff
Site Staff

Where is the future of gaming going?

More shiny objects less story development more repetitive sections and that feeling that you've been mugged and had your head dunked in glitter for 2 hours straight.

^ this my friends is the future of gaming if I could give any suggestions only buy INDIE GAMES because they put EFFORT into making something good

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGamesareeasy

37Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

gabe2k12 wrote:Where is the future of gaming going?

More shiny objects less story development more repetitive sections and that feeling that you've been mugged and had your head dunked in glitter for 2 hours straight.

^ this my friends is the future of gaming if I could give any suggestions only buy INDIE GAMES because they put EFFORT into making something good
That's very true though O_O
because if you think about it they starting to make a lot of games multiplayers not many story-line base games....

38Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 am

spencer7x7

spencer7x7
Forum Member
Forum Member

I know right, I was thinking of Need For Speed Most Wanted in particular. No story, all the cars available, too much multiplayer. And not just NFS too, CoD and other games are getting more multiplayer oriented.

And by the way the Humble Indie Bundle 6 was gooood.

https://www.youtube.com/spencer7x7

39Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

Zekyga

Zekyga
Site Staff
Site Staff

spencer7x7 wrote:

I know right, I was thinking of Need For Speed Most Wanted in particular. No story, all the cars available, too much multiplayer. And not just NFS too, CoD and other games are getting more multiplayer oriented.

And by the way the Humble Indie Bundle 6 was gooood.
Some games has some good storyline with good multiplayers xD
Like Assassin Creed, Cod, Battlefield, and others.

40Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Admin | No1

Admin | No1
Head Admin
Head Admin

I just want to know how you think xbox has better gameplay?!??! They are the same games. PS3 has slightly better graphics, otherwise, completely identical. So how does that make it better? I think many of the PS3 exclusive games have much higher re-playability. To me that makes the game play better. I can stress enough how Resistance Fall of Man is by far the best shooter to released at this time. MAG (also PS3 ex.) another amazing development in FPS gaming, and experience many xboxers never even saw. 256 people, per match, that's all I'll say about it. By no comparison can xbox hold a candle to the ps3 exclusives. Fable was literally the only game I"m sorry I missed. You guys have no idea what you missed though. Also, for CoD and such there are just as many players on the PS3 than there are on xbox so, also another negligible point. I've never had to wait more than a few seconds to find games on CoDs. I hink PS3 gets a bad rap from media. It really is the easy choice.

41Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

bl1i8n2k

bl1i8n2k
Forum Member
Forum Member

Umm, no. It's already terrible now and it will not be good later. Maybe I'd like it more if every game I see advertised on TV is not an FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/bl1i8n2kggg

42Future Gaming...Where is it leading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Gaming...Where is it leading? Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 am

Kdeezo

Kdeezo
Helper
Helper

My buddy Marcan actually made a vid on this a while ago. Good topic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KDEEZO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum